LEAP: Lifelong Employment and Academic Planning
Educational and Career Planning Consulting Services
MAAS Companies, Inc. has over 20 years of experience in educational planning services for California Community Colleges and K-12 Districts, and our team of educators prides itself on student-centeredness. Due to the current economic crisis, districts are being forced to serve more students than ever before while facing significant reductions in staffing and financial resources. Students are seeking educational and career planning services from their on-site counselors, but there is simply not enough time or resources for the counselors to effectively assist students with this process.
As a result, MAAS Companies established LEAP (Lifelong Employment and Academic Planning). MAAS/M Group’s team utilizes its educational expertise to provide high school and college students an opportunity to develop individualized educational and career plans. We use a combination of both a personal and technology-based approach to best guide clients towards a meaningful educational and career path. Our LEAP process includes:
- The highly-regarded Strong Interest Inventory as a tool to identify potential educational and career interests, as well as college majors, if applicable.
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as another powerful tool to better understand one’s personality type and the environments in which one is most successful.
- Access to our proprietary “Choices” website via individual log-in. This multi-media interactive website is an engaging and content-rich educational and career planning tool for researching public and private colleges around the country as well as careers of interest. The college tab allows clients to research colleges of choice based on various demographics, while the careers tab includes interviews with professionals in each career path, videos, as well as quantitative information about salaries and educational requirements.
- Meet one-on-one with an advisor to review individual results of the Strong Inventory and MBTI, as well as navigate the Choices website.
- On-going personal advising sessions (in person or over the phone) to continue developing one’s educational and career plan.