Barstow Community College - Mission Statement
These web pages have been set up to provide the public with information updates on the master planning process.
Barstow Community College is an open-access learning environment that promotes critical thinking, communication, personal
and professional responsibility, and global awareness by offering quality
courses, programs, and support services.
Barstow Community College is committed to:
- Fostering an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, and cultures.
- Offering programs to prepare students in basic skills, career and technical education, lifelong learning opportunities, and comprehensive lower division courses that meet articulation agreements for student transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- Promoting student engagement and retention through caring customer service, strong student support services, and campus involvement opportunities.
- Providing counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational, and employment potential. Partnering with local agencies, businesses, schools, and military bases to promote positive community development and economic growth.
- Providing career and technical education and workforce development programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills, and certification necessary for success in the workplace.
- Using institutional research to further develop courses, programs, and services.
- Increasing access to all students by continuing to promote and develop our extensive distance education program